Thursday 17 June 2010

A new direction?


Well first off I have a new job :D
As of September I will be an art technician at Staffordshire University, based in the Art shop. I am so happy that I will finally be able to say goodbye to working at the Co-op, and having to work every Friday night till 10pm and Sunday morning (7am start! Eeeep)

But as with everything it has its positives and negatives. It is still part time, allowing me to pursue other artistic ventures, but as it is still 5 days a week it kind of cancels out any chance of school workshops for now. Also as I will have to travel there (currently a 5 minute walk to my work, as opposed to a 35-50 minute commute) I will not end up better off money wise, especially as it's only open term time, giving me the entire summer free! Again this means less money, but I am hoping to fill the summer months with workshops and on to another new venture......selling my artwork! I have sold some in the past but only on a commission basis.

I have just opened a shop on folksy at http://www.folksy.com/shops/littlegamgee all be it currently an empty one. So now time to work on things to stock it up with! I am thinking it will be mainly paintings, prints, cards, paper cuts and paper toys, but we shall see. This will all be under the 'littlegamgee' brand.

I have always struggled to juggle my contemporary art with my love of illustration and all things cute, so currently any contemporary art will be produced under my name and illustration under 'littlegamgee' This is how I have currently decided to sort it out in my head. Though hopefully over the coming months the two will meet in the middle! We shall see how that goes! Wish me luck!

1 comment: