Friday 13 September 2013

A spot of sewing

I had wanted to have a go at sewing some clothes for ages, literally years, and over the summer I finally took the plunge, spurred on by the purchase of this vintage fabric from a charity shop. I found a brilliant tutorial for a circle skirt here and have now made three! Two of which were made from fabric I bought two years ago, to make skirts with! Yes it has taken me that long!
I also had a go at making a top from this brilliant free tutorial and pattern . I know so many people who say they wish they could make their own clothes, and don't know where to start, being scared off by confusing looking patterns, and I was one of them. So I highly recommend these two projects to get you started! I have definitely caught the bug now! 






No comments:

Post a Comment