Monday 24 June 2013

Shirt dress



I am trying to get a bit better at my seamstress skills (very slowly!). My sister in law, is an absolute whizz at it, and makes absolutely gorgeous outfits. My dreams are not quite that ambitious, so I am starting by customising and altering clothes.

I decided to have a go at making one of my husband's shirts, that was too big for him, into a dress. The pattern was just too cute to not have a go at doing something with it!

I cut off the sleeves, and nipped it in a little round the sleeve holes that were left. I considered having a go at putting some darts in it, but decided just sticking a belt round the middle of it was a much easier way of adding some shape (hehe big lazy cheat) ! I also added a couple of vintage buttons to the collar. It looks pretty sweet. Although, it is only just long enough to be a dress on me, and i'm a short arse!

No comments:

Post a Comment