Sunday 31 January 2010

The Public

I am currently working on a Creative Partnership project in a secondary school, and as part of it I organised a trip to The Public http://www.thepublic.com/ in West Bromwich. It was also my first visit, and I have to say it was fantastic! Unfortunately we didn't have the time to fully explore the space, but this was only because the education team put on an awesome workshop for the children.

It really is a great place to give children a different slant on what art and a gallery can be, so despite all the controversy about the projects cost I can say it is worth it. I just hope that it will get the use it deserves and that it will break down barriers.

Many people don't even think to go into galleries, but speaking from my experience of working at the New Art Gallery Walsall, galleries can really become the hub of a community through putting on fantastic events and workshops.

Just thought I'd share a few images of the interior with you.


This is what happens when you take a photo while walking and not looking through the viewfinder!


That pretty awesome looking silver pod is the toilet!



Really cool metal forest!





The place was just so colourful and full or different forms, textures and materials. You couldn't help but smile there!

No comments:

Post a Comment